[Development] Unable to debug with Remote inspector

Jocelyn Turcotte jocelyn.turcotte at digia.com
Mon Aug 19 13:25:59 CEST 2013

On Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 04:08:46PM +0530, Amogh Kudari wrote:
> Hi Group,
>
>             I have a QWebview application(I am using Qt 4.8.x) using which
> I launch a test URL(Test html app). Now I am trying to use remote inspector
> to debug the html application using http://localhost:9999 from chrome
> browser. When I do this, I get the link to URL which was launched using
> QWebview. But on clicking this link I am getting error saying "
> Oops! This link appears to be broken.
> "

The remote inspector is not supported with QWebView. WebKit in Qt 4.8 is also too old and is using the old WebSocket protocol, not supported by Chrome anymore. It might work better if you instead use a 4.8 QWebView client to load the inspection URL.

The unofficial QtWebKit 2.3 release could also be helpful if you really want to use Chrome with Qt 4.8: http://blogs.kde.org/2012/11/14/introducing-qtwebkit-23

Good luck :)

Cheers,
Jocelyn