[Development] Extra link flags in QMAKE_PRL_LIBS

Dmitry Shachnev mitya57 at ubuntu.com
Mon Aug 19 19:37:01 CEST 2013

Hi,

In Debian/Ubuntu, we received some bug reports ([1], [2], [3]) stating
that compiling QtWebKit apps fails with ld errors like this one:

    /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lgstapp-0.10
    /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lgstinterfaces-0.10

After digging the problem, we found out that the reason is .prl files,
especially libQt5WebKitWidgets.prl which has this line (see [4]):

    QMAKE_PRL_LIBS = -lX11 -lxslt -lgio-2.0 -lgstapp-0.10 -lgstinterfaces-0.10 [...]

I think it is wrong because none of QtWebKit public headers refers to
xslt or gstreamer.

Is it a bug in qmake, and if yes, can it be fixed or should we change our .prl
files downstream?

A similar issue is in libQt5Multimedia{,Widgets}.prl files, which have "-lpulse"
flag.

Also, some files have multiple occurences of the same flag, i.e.
libQt5WebKit.prl has "-lpthread" flag 6 times.

[1]: http://bugs.debian.org/711307
[2]: https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1134745
[3]: https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1165250
[4]: http://paste.debian.net/27129/