[Development] Qt5.1.1 known issues

Tor Arne Vestbø tor.arne.vestbo at digia.com
Thu Aug 22 12:07:06 CEST 2013

On 8/21/13 18:02 , Thiago Macieira wrote:
> It was a misunderstanding. The comment by Gabriel said that he had not seen
> the issue anymore. But it looks like he can reproduce the issue with a release
> package, just not with his own, local build (the one with debugging symbols he
> could debug the issue with).
>
> So it's not fixed, we still don't know for sure what will fix it (despite Tor
> Arne's patch), and moreover we do not have the visibility of what else is
> broken on 10.9.

I think you've misunderstood as well. Yes, initially, Gabriel could only
reproduce using binary packages of 5.1, not local builds of 5.1. But I
managed to reproduce the issue yesterday, in a local build in a 10.7 VM,
deployed to a 10.9 VM, and did the fix in [1] as a result, which has now
been merged to stable (and release).

You're right though that we don't know what else is broken in 10.9 as
we're not running CI for that yet (and in particular, not testing
forward-deploying binaries).

tor arne

[1] https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,63483