[Development] Some QIcon::fromTheme() enhancements

Albert Astals Cid albert.astals at canonical.com
Fri Aug 23 09:24:54 CEST 2013

On Friday 23 August 2013 07:50:56 Olivier Goffart wrote:
> On Thursday 22 August 2013 22:18:54 Antti Kaijanmäki wrote:
> > >
> > > Hello Antti
> > >
> > > If you can, please upload the patches to codereview.qt-project.org. It's
> > > easier to discuss them there.
> >
> > Either I was not clear enough or I have misunderstood something, but the
> > links to the patches in codereview.qt-project.org are in that bug report.
> > :)
> Thanks for the patch, I will have a look.
> However, the patches do not fix a regression, neither a P1 bug, so they
> should go to the 'dev' branch instead of the 'stable' branch.

This is weird

https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,63593
approved by you is linked to a P3

https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,63496
is also linked to a P3

https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,63535
is also linked to a P3

https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,63413
is linked to a P2

https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,63595
is not linked to any bug

https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,62408
is also not linked to any bug

https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,62948
is linked to a bug without categorization

Also i don't understand that "P1 rule for stable", what's the rationale to not
fixing bugs in stable? That's what stable branch is for, no?

I could understand "P1 rule for release", but for stable, what if i fix a
small bug (which I understand won't be categorized as P1), why should people
wait for the fix of that small bug for Qt 5.2 instead of 5.1.x?

Cheers,
  Albert