[Development] Some QIcon::fromTheme() enhancements

Giuseppe D'Angelo dangelog at gmail.com
Fri Aug 23 09:55:45 CEST 2013

On 23 August 2013 09:24, Albert Astals Cid <albert.astals at canonical.com> wrote:

> Also i don't understand that "P1 rule for stable", what's the rationale to not
> fixing bugs in stable? That's what stable branch is for, no?
>
> I could understand "P1 rule for release", but for stable, what if i fix a
> small bug (which I understand won't be categorized as P1), why should people
> wait for the fix of that small bug for Qt 5.2 instead of 5.1.x?

The priority of a bug doesn't matter too much. A typo in the docs (and
you linked to some) can be a P5, and still, the right branch to fix it
is stable.

The important bit here is that it's a behaviour change, and they
*usually* belong to dev, not stable. However, it's a behaviour change
that brings that method closer to what the related specification
mandates, and doesn't require a massive code overhaul. So I'm keen to
say that indeed the patch belong to stable. (I'm not a maintainer in
that area, though.)

Please don't bash each other, let's just discuss it by bringing proper
arguments.

Thanks,
--
Giuseppe D'Angelo