[Development] OpenSSL certificate validation

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Mon Aug 26 17:46:13 CEST 2013

On segunda-feira, 26 de agosto de 2013 17:34:33, Samuel Gaist wrote:
> > On segunda-feira, 26 de agosto de 2013 17:14:29, Samuel Gaist wrote:
> >> If I understood the problem correctly, it must be someone that is based
> >> i.e. in Europe and not working for an US company ?
> >
> > It can be someone in Asia or Africa, Canada, Latin America, Australia too.
> > Even Antarctica is permitted. :-)
>
> A bit cold no ? :-)
>
> In that case, should this patch go to stable or dev ? And is there a bug
> report associated ?

There's no bug report associated. Florian simply mentioned the issue here.

Whether it goes to dev or stable, it's up to the contributor and the Network
reviewers to decide. Is it a fix for an important issue? Is it a behaviour
change? Considering that 5.1.1 is basically out and that this problem has been
around for several years, it seems to me that "dev" is the right choice.