[Development] QtQuick ML

Juergen Bocklage-Ryannel lists at ryannel.org
Tue Aug 27 15:48:18 CEST 2013

On 24.07.13 5:41 PM, Alan Alpert wrote:
> Since I can't seem to get them to speak up, I guess they don't care
> that much after all. I'll withdraw the suggestion again.
>
> See you in six months :P

Sorry haven't seen this thread. I'm working in several customer projects
now using purely QML/JS. Some other developers do the C++ parts. When we
work with customers we have a similar split: Frontend Developers do the
QML/JS code and Backend Developers do the C++ code. We work with
frontend developers who don't have a great understanding of C++ and also
are not interested in it. They are interested into ui elements /
animations / javascript / concepts / recipies, etc... A mailing list
where people speak about Qt/C++ mixed with some QML/JS would just
confuse them.

I think there is a great need to have an open forum / mailing list for
QML/JS users. Not sure if a Qt mailinglist is the right place for
people, but better than a mixed mailing list.

Hope you get my point.

/ juergen bocklage-ryannel