[Development] QtQuick ML

André Pönitz andre.poenitz at mathematik.tu-chemnitz.de
Tue Aug 27 21:46:36 CEST 2013

On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 03:48:18PM +0200, Juergen Bocklage-Ryannel wrote:
> On 24.07.13 5:41 PM, Alan Alpert wrote:
> > Since I can't seem to get them to speak up, I guess they don't care
> > that much after all. I'll withdraw the suggestion again.
> >
> > See you in six months :P
> >
> Sorry haven't seen this thread. I'm working in several customer projects
> now using purely QML/JS. Some other developers do the C++ parts. When we
> work with customers we have a similar split: Frontend Developers do the
> QML/JS code and Backend Developers do the C++ code. We work with
> frontend developers who don't have a great understanding of C++ and also
> are not interested in it. They are interested into ui elements /
> animations / javascript / concepts / recipies, etc... A mailing list
> where people speak about Qt/C++ mixed with some QML/JS would just
> confuse them.

Those frontend developers are surely not overly interested in the
_development of Qt_, more of it's use, for which there's already
interest at qt-project.org.

> I think there is a great need to have an open forum / mailing list for
> QML/JS users. Not sure if a Qt mailinglist is the right place for
> people, but better than a mixed mailing list.

Maybe for _users_ of QML and JavaScript. And if so, this should be clear
in the naming of the list, e.g. by calling it qtquick-users at project.org.

For the _development_ of QML the reasons to have discussions, most notably
those that have impact on the rest of Qt, in the public have not suddenly
disappeared.

Andre'