[Development] [action required] autumn cleaning of gerrit (was: Gerrit Update deployed)

Oswald Buddenhagen oswald.buddenhagen at digia.com
Fri Aug 30 12:38:13 CEST 2013

heya everyone,

On Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 08:01:14AM +0000, Haataja Ismo wrote:
> Today we have deployed one new feature for Gerrit: new 'deferred' status for a change.

this is the feature we have been waiting for to enable cleaning up our
dashboards. as it's now there, here's a slightly edited version of a
prior request:

5.1.1 is out and the 5.2 feature freeze isn't that far off any more.
seems like the best time for some serious house cleaning.
therefore i'd like to urge everyone to give their pending changes which
haven't seen activity for a long time an honest look.
please hit the "defer" button on all your changes which you think you
will still work on at some point, but just didn't get around to in the
last months (or years ...). they will be still easily accessible on your
dashboard under "my" -> "deferred changes".
use the the venerable "abandon" button for work that is evidently
obsolete by now.

old changes which get no update or transition to the deferred state
within a few weeks will be abandoned by administrative action.
i mean it this time; there are no excuses left.

if you are an ex-troll/-nokian, please also check the dashboard of your
alter ego.
if you are a maintainer, give identified drive-by contributors a ping.
tell (mail/irc) me about changes you want to see deferred (or abandoned).

i'd also like to encourage everyone to adopt deferred changes they have
an interest in - they can be found under "all" -> "deferred".
hmm, we should have an "adopt" button. :D

regards