[Development] Feature request: several layouts in a single ui file

Yves Bailly yves.bailly at laposte.net
Fri Aug 30 23:41:14 CEST 2013

On 30/08/2013 15:49, Olivier Goffart wrote:
> On Friday 30 August 2013 12:16:53 Yves Bailly wrote:
>> Here’s the point. More and more the computers which run our applications can
>> self-adjust their display according to a “portrait” or “landscape”
>> orientation – tablets and mid-end or high-end phones are actual computers.
>
> I think this is an ambitious proposal for QWidget based UI.

Maybe ambitious, however I'm already doing this "by hand" in a few
applications ;-) So it's not impossible, I just think some lower-level
support directly from QtDesigner might help.

> I believe that QtQuick is already solving the problem quite elegantly with
> states.

I'm not at all aware of QtQuick and its "states". Can you point some documentation
about this?

Regards,

--
(o< | Yves Bailly                          | -o)
//\ | Linux Dijon  : http://www.coagul.org | //\