[Development] Feature request: several layouts in a single ui file

Mark markg85 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 31 14:42:45 CEST 2013

On Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 11:41 PM, Yves Bailly <yves.bailly at laposte.net> wrote:
> On 30/08/2013 15:49, Olivier Goffart wrote:
>> On Friday 30 August 2013 12:16:53 Yves Bailly wrote:
>>> Here’s the point. More and more the computers which run our applications can
>>> self-adjust their display according to a “portrait” or “landscape”
>>> orientation – tablets and mid-end or high-end phones are actual computers.
>>
>> I think this is an ambitious proposal for QWidget based UI.
>
> Maybe ambitious, however I'm already doing this "by hand" in a few
> applications ;-) So it's not impossible, I just think some lower-level
> support directly from QtDesigner might help.
>
>> I believe that QtQuick is already solving the problem quite elegantly with
>> states.
>
> I'm not at all aware of QtQuick and its "states". Can you point some documentation
> about this?
>
> Regards,

Dropping in here since i know a thing or two in this area :)
The states Oliver is referring to is this [1].

A nice way to load different gui versions is by combining states [1]
and the loader object [2] and just load the gui you want based on the
state you set.

[1] http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-5.1/qtquick/qml-qtquick2-state.html
[2] http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-5.1/qtquick/qml-qtquick2-loader.html