[Development] Feature request: several layouts in a single ui file

Yves Bailly yves.bailly at laposte.net
Sat Aug 31 23:27:24 CEST 2013

On 31/08/2013 14:42, Mark wrote:
> A nice way to load different gui versions is by combining states [1]
> and the loader object [2] and just load the gui you want based on the
> state you set.
>
> [1] http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-5.1/qtquick/qml-qtquick2-state.html
> [2] http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-5.1/qtquick/qml-qtquick2-loader.html

If I understand things correctly, using the loader is a bit like
"destroy the current GUI" followed by "rebuild a new GUI".

What I'm looking for is quite different: it's out of question to
*destroy* widgets, just change their layout - only the layouts are
destroyed, not the widgets. Imagine the case where a displayed
component needs a lot of time to build its contents, either from
user inputs or some long computation.

All of this re-layouting should be completely dynamic, done and
un-done several time during the application running time.

Or am I missing something?

--
(o< | Yves Bailly                          | -o)
//\ | Linux Dijon  : http://www.coagul.org | //\