[Development] OpenGL drivers

Thomas Hartmann Thomas.Hartmann at digia.com
Mon Dec 2 14:25:29 CET 2013

Hi,

the Controls have a Label item.

Kind Regards,
Thomas Hartmann

Am 02/12/2013 13:41, schrieb Robert Knight:
>> Just use this where you need native looking text:
>
> Having to put that everywhere a Text {} element is used in a
> cross-platform app is ugly. One could wrap this in a custom component
> but it shouldn't be necessary for such a basic use case.
>
> Regards,
> Rob.
>
> On 2 December 2013 11:11, Ziller Eike <Eike.Ziller at digia.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Nov 30, 2013, at 10:29 PM, Mark Gaiser <markg85 at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> What you refer to are probably the fonts rendered through QML. By
>>> default QML renders fonts with the "distance field" stuff [1]. It
>>> looks awesome on mobile, but looks horrible on the desktop. This has
>>> been known for a while [2] but apparently there is no effort ongoing
>>> to improve the situation for the desktop users.
>>>
>>> Globally setting the "QML_DISABLE_DISTANCEFIELD" variable makes it use
>>> the native font system again and makes it look nice:)
>>
>> We are already using native text rendering in Qt Creator’s welcome screen, so that won’t change anything for it.
>>
>> Br, Eike
>>
>>> [1] http://blog.qt.digia.com/blog/2011/07/15/text-rendering-in-the-qml-scene-graph/
>>> [2] https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-28993
>>
>> --
>> Eike Ziller, Senior Software Engineer - Digia, Qt
>>
>> Digia Germany GmbH, Rudower Chaussee 13, D-12489 Berlin
>> Geschäftsführer: Mika Pälsi, Juha Varelius, Tuula Haataja
>> Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin, Registergericht: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, HRB 144331 B

Thomas Hartmann
Software Engineer
Nokia, Qt Development Frameworks

Digia Germany GmbH

Rudower Chausse 13, 12489 D-Berlin

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin, Registergericht: Amtsgericht
Charlottenburg, HRB 144331 B,
Geschäftsführer: Mika Pälsi, Juha Varelius, Anja Wasenius

Email: thomas.hartmann at digia.com

Digia Germany is a group company of Digia Plc,

Valimotie 21, FI-00380 Helsinki Finland

Visit us at: www.digia.com

PRIVACY AND CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

This message and any attachments are intended only for use by the named
addressee and may contain privileged and/or confidential information. If
you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, copy or take
any action in reliance on it. If you have received this message in
error, please contact the sender immediately and delete the message and
any attachments accompanying it. Digia Germany GmbH and Digia Plc do not
accept liability for any corruption, interception, amendment, tampering
or viruses occurring to this message.