[Development] OpenGL drivers

Thomas Hartmann Thomas.Hartmann at digia.com
Mon Dec 2 14:26:29 CET 2013

Hi,

yes, this was a conscious decision. Does it create usability issues for you?

Kind Regards,
Thomas Hartmann

Am 01/12/2013 03:30, schrieb Thiago Macieira:
> On sábado, 30 de novembro de 2013 22:29:12, Mark Gaiser wrote:
>> What you refer to are probably the fonts rendered through QML. By
>> default QML renders fonts with the "distance field" stuff [1]. It
>> looks awesome on mobile, but looks horrible on the desktop. This has
>> been known for a while [2] but apparently there is no effort ongoing
>> to improve the situation for the desktop users.
>>
>> Globally setting the "QML_DISABLE_DISTANCEFIELD" variable makes it use
>> the native font system again and makes it look nice:)
>
> They look exactly the same way. I'm wondering if the smaller and more
> compressed fonts aren't intentional in the Qt Creator welcome page.

Thomas Hartmann
Software Engineer
Nokia, Qt Development Frameworks

Digia Germany GmbH

Rudower Chausse 13, 12489 D-Berlin

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin, Registergericht: Amtsgericht
Charlottenburg, HRB 144331 B,
Geschäftsführer: Mika Pälsi, Juha Varelius, Anja Wasenius

Email: thomas.hartmann at digia.com

Digia Germany is a group company of Digia Plc,

Valimotie 21, FI-00380 Helsinki Finland

Visit us at: www.digia.com

PRIVACY AND CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

This message and any attachments are intended only for use by the named
addressee and may contain privileged and/or confidential information. If
you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, copy or take
any action in reliance on it. If you have received this message in
error, please contact the sender immediately and delete the message and
any attachments accompanying it. Digia Germany GmbH and Digia Plc do not
accept liability for any corruption, interception, amendment, tampering
or viruses occurring to this message.