[Development] Would a (QML) model aggregator class a welcome addition?

Alberto Mardegan mardy at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Dec 10 21:32:52 CET 2013

Hi all!
  For one of my projects, I found the need to merge several models into
a single model. I wrote a class for it, and I think it's generic enough
to be useful for other people, and I wonder if it could be put into Qt
itself:

https://gitlab.com/mardy/mappero/blob/directions/lib/Mappero/model-aggregator.h

Note that the thing is not complete (especially the implementation),
it's just in a state where I can use it in my application; it needs a
bit of more work before being ready for the generic use.
I'm wondering if I should make this extra effort or not. :-)

If the answer is yes, should it be added to QtCore or QtDeclarative?
Right now it's using QQmlListProperty so that the source models can be
declared inline,

ModelAggregator {
    Model1 { ... }
    Model2 { ... }
}

but that could be removed and substituted by a simple QList of models if
desired.

Ciao,
  Alberto

--