[Development] C++11 and QtWebkit in 5.2.0

Allan Sandfeld Jensen kde at carewolf.com
Sat Dec 21 01:04:00 CET 2013

On Friday 20 December 2013, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> On sexta-feira, 20 de dezembro de 2013 12:57:46, Allan Sandfeld Jensen
wrote:
> > WebKit is recommended to compiled with C++11, compiling without C++11 is
> > only  meant for platforms without working C++11 support (gcc 4.2 in Mac
> > OS 10.6).
>
> This is not a case of recommended. The use of >> makes C++11 mandatory.
>
> This code is in a OS(WINDOWS) section.

Yes, I agree it is a bug and should be fixed. I was only correcting the first
poster's assumption that QtWebKit shouldn't be compiled with C++11. The branch
of Webkit used in Qt 5.2 was C++11 only when branched, and the use of
C++11'ism were carefully reverted (except those I obviously missed) in order
to be able to support OS X 10.6 gcc 4.2. If that platform had not been
necessary, I would have kept QtWebKit C++11 only, to keep it closer to
upstream WebKit.

`Allan