[Development] Qt Hebrew

Knoll Lars Lars.Knoll at digia.com
Fri Feb 1 10:26:24 CET 2013

On Jan 31, 2013, at 4:13 PM, Genghis Khan <genghiskhan at gmx.ca> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I would like to initiate a new group <http://qt-project.org/groups>
> called "Qt Hebrew" for Hebrew speakers, where new and potential Hebrew
> speaking contributors to Qt and to Qt software will be able to join and
> to share their point of views on translations and report issues
> concerning to RTL (Right to left) alignment in software.

Sure, local groups are always welcome.

> Due to a severe and deliberate depression of access for new Hebrew
> speaking contributors to Free Software projects, by certain entities
> and personalities, I find the need of such group very important.

At least from the Qt Project perspective there is no such thing as trying to keep certain groups/nationalities away. We're a technical project and open to everybody who shares our interest in Qt and related technologies.

> I would like the administrator or on of the administrators to be Diego
> Iastrubni who is translating for KDE, who has a healthy approach with
> translations against daily communications and is welcoming.

Have you talked to him about it? I know Diego since a long time, and he would certainly be a good person to lead the group.

Cheers,
Lars