[Development] Qt Hebrew

Genghis Khan genghiskhan at gmx.ca
Fri Feb 1 17:41:30 CET 2013

On Fri, 1 Feb 2013 09:26:24 +0000
Knoll Lars <Lars.Knoll at digia.com> wrote:

> On Jan 31, 2013, at 4:13 PM, Genghis Khan <genghiskhan at gmx.ca> wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I would like to initiate a new group <http://qt-project.org/groups>
> > called "Qt Hebrew" for Hebrew speakers, where new and potential
> > Hebrew speaking contributors to Qt and to Qt software will be able
> > to join and to share their point of views on translations and
> > report issues concerning to RTL (Right to left) alignment in
> > software.
>
> Sure, local groups are always welcome.
> >
> > Due to a severe and deliberate depression of access for new Hebrew
> > speaking contributors to Free Software projects, by certain entities
> > and personalities, I find the need of such group very important.
>
> At least from the Qt Project perspective there is no such thing as
> trying to keep certain groups/nationalities away. We're a technical
> project and open to everybody who shares our interest in Qt and
> related technologies.

Yes, of course. The purpose of another FOSS group is to be a safe
heaven to newcomers or an opposition to current depressors at FOSS
amongst Hebrew speakers.

> > I would like the administrator or on of the administrators to be
> > Diego Iastrubni who is translating for KDE, who has a healthy
> > approach with translations against daily communications and is
> > welcoming.
>
> Have you talked to him about it? I know Diego since a long time, and
> he would certainly be a good person to lead the group.

No, not yet. Once a group will be created I will ask Diego to join.
Since Diego is a busy person, I did not want to bother him due to not
knowing whether a group will or will not be created.

Thank you.

--
Proper English www.reddit.com/r/proper
4 teh lulz... http://email.is-not-s.ms