[Development] Proposal - QtSerialPort graduation from the Playground

Anttila Janne Janne.Anttila at digia.com
Mon Feb 4 11:42:48 CET 2013

Laszlo Papp wrote:

> To summarize the automated testing topic.
>
> 1) QtMock will not reach a usable state any soon, unfortunately.
>
> 2) I am not sure which construction of the aforementioned ones would fit
> the operation of the CI machines. Could anyone please comment on that
> with the relevant competence?

I don't see any problem in installing some virtual loopback serial port
for CI machines as far as the chosen SW is free and open-source, and works
with VMware virtual machines.

Heikki: Can you puppetize installation of Com0Com for Windows machines:
http://com0com.sourceforge.net/.

> 3) Is this a blocker for moving the repository from playground/ to qt/ ?
> If yes, can we get CI runs in Playground (i.e. catch build error for
> each platform possible)?

No, it is not mandatory to have repository under qt to enable CI.
There are already repos from playground in CI, for example
QtDesktopComponents.

Simo can you add CI for QtSerialPort repository? I think it would be
beneficial have build-only CI already before virtual loopback serial
ports are enabled.

Br,
--
Janne Anttila