[Development] Nominating Alan Alpert as QtDeclarative maintainer

Knoll Lars Lars.Knoll at digia.com
Mon Feb 4 15:19:05 CET 2013

Alan has been very proactive and is probably the best person we have for the job right now. So a +1 from my side.

But the declarative repo is pretty big and very central to Qt moving forward. So I believe we will need to split up responsibilities further in the longer term. I would at the minimum like to split up on a per module basis, maybe even a bit more fine-grained. So one Maintainer for Qt QML, one for Qt Quick, etc.

Finally, we also need to ask the person in question: Alan, are you willing to take that role, and will your responsibilities in you day job leave you with enough time to act as the maintainer?

Cheers,
Lars