[Development] Nominating Alan Alpert as QtDeclarative maintainer

Alan Alpert 416365416c at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 18:28:35 CET 2013

On Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 6:19 AM, Knoll Lars <Lars.Knoll at digia.com> wrote:
> Alan has been very proactive and is probably the best person we have for the job right now. So a +1 from my side.
>
> But the declarative repo is pretty big and very central to Qt moving forward. So I believe we will need to split up responsibilities further in the longer term. I would at the minimum like to split up on a per module basis, maybe even a bit more fine-grained. So one Maintainer for Qt QML, one for Qt Quick, etc.

Agreed, QtQml and QtQuick are both separate modules that are full
'module' sized. As development ramps back up I hope we can find at
least one maintainer per module (which is more important than
maintainers 'per repository').

> Finally, we also need to ask the person in question: Alan, are you willing to take that role, and will your responsibilities in you day job leave you with enough time to act as the maintainer?

Yes, I'm willing to take that role. As you might have noticed, a
significant part of my day job is working on QML already and my
manager is supportive of my spending more time on it to fulfill the
maintainer duties.

--
Alan Alpert