[Development] Snowshoe doesn't actually run

Zoltán Balogh zoltan.balogh at canonical.com
Mon Feb 4 22:01:14 CET 2013

On 02/04/2013 10:30 PM, Richard Moore wrote:
> Snowshoe has been imported, but it doesn't actually run against the
> dev branch here:
>
> rich at linux-h33o:~/src/snowshoe> ./snowshoe
> qrc:///qml/main.qml:53:5: Type TabWidget unavailable
> qrc:///qml/TabWidget.qml:20:1: Type PageWidget unavailable
> qrc:///qml/PageWidget.qml:19:1: module "QtWebKit.experimental" is not
> installed
> qrc:///qml/PageWidget.qml:18:1: module "QtWebKit" is not installed
> qrc:///qml/PageWidget.qml:19:1: module "QtWebKit.experimental" is not
> installed
> qrc:///qml/PageWidget.qml:18:1: module "QtWebKit" is not installed
> ASSERT: "m_browserView" in file desktop/BrowserWindow.cpp, line 51
> Aborted
>
> Is it only tested on some specific mobile platforms, or is it just
> broken? I'd have thought since it's in the qt-project repos that it
> should be usable, but  it doesn't seem to be right now.
>
> Cheers
>
> Rich.

In order to build the snowshoe you need several Qt5 modules built and/or
installed (and more ) in your build environment. The qtbase,
qtjsbackend, qtdeclarative and qtwebkit you will need for sure.

For Ubuntu or Debian you can check the control  and rules files here:
https://launchpad.net/~canonical-qt5-edgers/+archive/qt5-beta1/+packages
<https://launchpad.net/%7Ecanonical-qt5-edgers/+archive/qt5-beta1/+packages>

Zoltan