[Development] Reviews needed before android integration in two weeks

Eskil Abrahamsen Blomfeldt eskil.abrahamsen-blomfeldt at digia.com
Tue Feb 5 13:10:21 CET 2013

On 02/05/2013 12:49 PM, Friedemann Kleint wrote:
> - Nokia is also mentioned along with names of former employees in the
> json style parser under widgets/styles.  Btw, I am generally wondering
> about it, it seems to add a new Json parser. Could it be replaced by
> the Json classes of QtCore?

We have a task about that. I think it either needs to be replaced by
Qt's json classes or put into 3rdparty.

> -  Compilation of the branch under Windows fails with the attached
> log. Something is probably wrong with #ifdefing/profiles?

Great, thanks!

Simon Hausmann wrote:
> Let's put it this way: linux-g++* is just as fuzzy as android-g++* in what it
> means. But we're not in the business of creating mathematical formulas, we're
> in the business of making life easier for software developers. If we can make
> it easier for people to port their app to Android, why don't we do it?

I don't have any very strong opinion either way, so whatever the
majority decides is fine by me, but since there's a disagreement: Could
you please elaborate on what makes linux-android-g++ (or
linux-g++-android for symmetry with maemo) simpler for the developer
compared to android-g++?

Technically I don't think Android is considered a Linux-distribution.
Wouldn't this be similar to renaming the OSX mkspec to "macx-g++-darwin"?

-- Eskil