[Development] CI system is temporarily down

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Tue Feb 5 22:40:58 CET 2013

On terça-feira, 5 de fevereiro de 2013 07.36.55, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> On terça-feira, 5 de fevereiro de 2013 16.21.17, Thomas McGuire wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Tuesday 05 February 2013 12:58:21 Fält Simo wrote:
> > > Huh,
> > > CI is up and running normally again.
> >
> > I am getting weird errors when trying to get a QtSensors patch merged: A
> >
> > crash on exit of the unit test, with an assert:
> >  ASSERT: "lib->pHnd" in file plugin/qlibrary.cpp, line 376
> >
> > The patch is quite trivial and should not cause any issues, the patch just
> > removes an unused variable:
> > https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,46462
> >
> > In addition to the patch being trivial, the auto tests runs here and shows
> > no (significant) valgrind errors.
> >
> > Any idea what the reason for this CI failure can be?
>
> A real failure.
>
> This is probably due to 8b3555dba8c91983154841ca14460efad0ed5f5d
> (https://codereview.qt-project.org/43289). The assertion I added is clearly
> being violated.
>
> The question is: is my assertion faulty or did something funky happen to
> that QLibrary? It's asserting that the library load count is 1, so it
> should still be loaded.
>
> I'll try to reproduce the problem and debug it.

Ok, I found out what it was. There's a sensor gesture plugin (the dummy one)
that is initialised by the QFactoryLoader directory scanner but never loaded.
I guess it's not loaded because the loader found a better plugin (linuxsys).

Anyway, the plugins are stored in the QLibrary global data but have a load
count of 0.

Fix: https://codereview.qt-project.org/46923