[Development] abandoning stale changes on gerrit

Jeremy Katz jeremy.k.list at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 19:48:36 CET 2013

On 01/31/2013 07:49 AM, Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 01:59:17PM +0100, Paul Olav Tvete wrote:
>> On Thursday 31 January 2013 13:08:11 Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
>>> as i stated before, i'm driving forward a process to decide the
>>> execution details of a previously made decision.
>> Since this decision process has been unnoticed by the people I have asked:
>> Would you mind giving a reference to where this was discussed?
>>
> the thread i could find is
> http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.qt.opengov/257
> there was clearly support and not a single dissent. if you raise
> objections now, it must be considered re-visiting a made decision. you
> should bring real arguments to the table then, ones which i did not
> rebut already.

Policies like this should be recorded in the qt-project.org wiki. This
will come up again, and it's unreasonable to expect someone to find,
read, and understand the conclusion of a mailing list discussion when a
few sentences in a central location will suffice.

The wiki could probably use some house keeping.

Jeremy