[Development] Qt 5.1 feature set and freeze date (Qt3D)

Sean Harmer sean.harmer at kdab.com
Wed Feb 13 10:15:10 CET 2013

Hi,

On Wednesday 13 February 2013 10:06:41 Mülner, Helmut wrote:
> > [...]
> >
> > >No Qt3D?  :-(
> >
> > No, unfortunately not.
> >
> > We've gone through it, and it will require some more work to make it
> > suitable for inclusion. Sean can give details on it. But you can continue
> > to use the module as is (knowing the APIs will still change slightly).
>
> Unfortunately I cannot use it on Windows OSes because Qt3D currently does
> not support ANGLE.

Well not with the pre-compiled Qt5 binaries as they do indeed use ANGLE, which
as we have seen causes issues for many people who want to use Qt5 to develop
desktop OpenGL based applications with Qt 5 on Windows.

Hopefully the Qt 5.0.2 release binaries will include a build linked against
Desktop OpenGL too. Intel have made great progress with their OpenGL drivers
lately and are now even supporting a large part of OpenGL 4 on windows with
the Intel 4000 series chips.

Kind regards,

Sean
--