[Development] Qt 5.1 feature set and freeze date

John Layt jlayt at kde.org
Wed Feb 13 11:17:29 CET 2013

On Wednesday 13 Feb 2013 08:49:56 Knoll Lars wrote:

> The detailed timeline will be as follows:
>
> * Friday 22. February: If you have a larger feature/feature branch (not
> yet merged) that you want to have in the release you must have told the
> release team (by mail to releases@) by then.
> * Friday 1. March: Feature branch must be tested new functionality
> documented and ready to integrate.
> * Friday 15. March: Feature freeze. Merge from dev to stable.
>
> Cheers,
> Lars

Cool, I need a few more days before the new QTimeZone support for QDateTime
will be ready for pushing to a feature branch.  I'll drop a mail to release
about it.

I decided the full ICU change was too big to try in the shorter release cycle
so picked out the time zone support as a more achievable aim, and a
requirement for KDE in Qt 5.1 to allow us to switch from KDateTime to
QDateTime in KF5.

My work branch is at [1] if anyone's interested.  It has ICU, Windows and Mac
support done, basic integration into QDateTime, and TZ file support soon to
follow.

[1] http://qt.gitorious.org/~odysseus/qt/odysseus-qtbase/commits/qtimezone

Cheers!

John.