[Development] Test Application Failing to load QtCore Lib of qt-4.8.4 Event Dispatcher Assertion

Amogh Kudari amogh.kudari5 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 13:32:29 CET 2013

Hi All,

              I am testing my Qt built libraries with a simple test
application, which basically creates a window with a button.
Its as shown
/****************ButtonApp.c*********************/
#include <QtGui>

extern "C" void WebKitTestApp(void *pdata)
{
    int argv=1;
    char *args[]={"WebKitTestApp_button.exe"};
    QApplication app(argv, args);

    QTextEdit textEdit;
    QPushButton quitButton("Quit");

    QObject::connect(&quitButton, SIGNAL(clicked()), qApp, SLOT(quit()));

    QVBoxLayout layout;
    layout.addWidget(&textEdit);
    layout.addWidget(&quitButton);

    QWidget window;
    window.setLayout(&layout);

    window.show();
    app.exec();
    return;
}

/******Test Application**********/
/**************TestButtonApp.c****************/
#include <stdio.h>
extern "C" void WebKitTestApp(void *pdata);
int main(int argc, char** argv)
{
    printf("In main\n");
    if(argc ==1)
        printf("argc[%d] argv[%s]\n",argc,(char *)*argv);
    WebKitTestApp((void*)argv);
}

I am creating a library of ButtonApp.c called as ButtonApp.lib on
*Windows *using
*cl compiler *and then linking with *Qt-4.8.4* libs to create
TestButtonApp.exe executable.
But on executing the exe file It pops up saying
"Debug Error!
Program:
workspace\TestButtonApp.exe
Module : 4.8.4
File: global\qglobal.cpp
Line : 2303

ASSERT : "QCoreApplicationPrivate::eventDispatcher != 0" in file
kernel\qcoreapplication.cpp , line :765
(Press Retry to Debug the application) "

I am unable to figure out why am I getting this error.
Should I create any event Dispatcher in my ButtonApplication or is there
any other way to get around this problem.

Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated...

Thanks in advance....

Amogh.