[Development] [QA] Suggestion -- Bug Report Description Template

Mitch Curtis mitch.curtis at digia.com
Tue Feb 19 16:26:31 CET 2013

On 02/19/2013 03:33 PM, Motyka Rafal wrote:
> Hello,
>
> In order to address some of the recent questions about error management,
> and to improve the quality of bug reports, I want to suggest using the
> following template:

> PACKAGE NAME:
> < e.g.
> qt-windows-opensource-5.0.1-mingw47_32-x86-offline-2013-01-29-424.exe >
>
> STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
> 1.
> 2.
>
> ACTUAL RESULT:
>
> EXPECTED RESULT:
>
> The Description field would be automatically populated with that
> template when a new bug report is being created.
>
> Please feel free to comment on it. If there are no serious complaints I
> suggest to implement it soon.

Sounds good. I'd like to see some mention of a reproducible example
being required for non-trivial bugs (that is, bugs for which a list of
"steps to reproduce" is not adequate due to the steps being too
complex); either in the description field as a {code}snippet{code} or as
an attachment.

Might not want to use all caps for the titles as well. ;p