[Development] Qt 4.6.5 and 4.7.6 release candidates available

Turunen Tuukka Tuukka.Turunen at digia.com
Tue Feb 19 20:29:50 CET 2013

Hi Thiago,

Due to the way earlier releases are done it is not possible to have perfectly clean history. This has been discussed in December and after the different options were analysed it was seen the best one to do as it now is. End result is the same, we have 4.6.5 and 4.7.6 releases available in a way closer to where they should be.

It is very difficult for me to see why this should be done more difficult way that brings little to none practical benefits? These packages are valuable for the users and since the currently distributed packages contain wrong copyrights, they should not be distributed at all. No-one wants that. Thus we should just move ahead with this one as already agreed in December as no-one raised any objections back then.

We have the packages ready and tested with minor fixes compared to RC1 (21st Dec). If we re-do these packages it is a significant effort with very limited benefits.

Yours,

Tuukka