[Development] Qt 4.6.5 and 4.7.6 release candidates available

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Thu Feb 21 01:43:46 CET 2013

On quarta-feira, 20 de fevereiro de 2013 16.34.19, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> You cannot make that call alone. What's more, we discussed the problem and
> the  solution for two months in the security mailing list, which you're a
> part of. If there's a problem, please start a new thread on this mailing
> list so we can discuss it.
>
> Meanwhile, either include the fix in the release or don't release.

Let me make it even more plain: the security announcement (which you had a
month to review from draft to publication) said:

===
This problem is solved in Qt 5.0.1 and the forthcoming 4.8.5, and the 4.7.6
patch releases. For other releases, apply the patch below:
===

So we have to include the fix in 4.7.6 or we have to issue another security
advisory.

Please see the other thread I've just started.