[Development] Qt 4.6.5 and 4.7.6 release candidates available

Turunen Tuukka Tuukka.Turunen at digia.com
Thu Feb 21 08:26:26 CET 2013

On 21.2.2013 2.43, "Thiago Macieira" <thiago.macieira at intel.com> wrote:

>On quarta-feira, 20 de fevereiro de 2013 16.34.19, Thiago Macieira wrote:
>> You cannot make that call alone. What's more, we discussed the problem
>>and
>> the  solution for two months in the security mailing list, which you're
>> part of. If there's a problem, please start a new thread on this mailing
>> list so we can discuss it.
>>
>> Meanwhile, either include the fix in the release or don't release.
>
>Let me make it even more plain: the security announcement (which you had
>month to review from draft to publication) said:
>
>===
>This problem is solved in Qt 5.0.1 and the forthcoming 4.8.5, and the
>4.7.6
>patch releases. For other releases, apply the patch below:
>===
>
>So we have to include the fix in 4.7.6 or we have to issue another
>security
>advisory.
>
>Please see the other thread I've just started.

Ok. Including or not including this fix to the 4.7.6 is anyways a
judgement call, so lets see what is said in the other thread.

I'll answer a bit later to your other mail related making the releases. I
still think we are best off issuing the releases as agreed in December.
The other options are not that good either, so we have to compromise.

Yours,

             Tuukka