[Development] Qt 4.6.5 and 4.7.6 release candidates available

Peter Kümmel syntheticpp at gmx.net
Fri Feb 22 06:42:45 CET 2013

On 21.02.2013 14:00, Turunen Tuukka wrote:

> Unfortunately we do not have unlimited resources in the release team, so
> pointlessly redoing the packages is not something I want to do.

I would release the already packaged versions as they are as a
Digia-only release, and skip 4.8.5/4.7.6 in the official counting, like 4.7.5.

Then we could start working on the qt-project version 4.8.6/4.7.7 without
much pressure of time. Then we also have more time to discuss and adjust the
processes on qt-project's  and Digia's side (maybe the "Qt Commercial Integration"
guys get more involved into the review process).

There is still the announcement
===
This problem is solved in Qt 5.0.1 and the forthcoming 4.8.5, and the 4.7.6
patch releases. For other releases, apply the patch below:
===

But when qt-project never releases a 4.8.5/4.7.6 but 4.8.6/4.7.7
we still have released the fix with the next patch release, only
the version number is different to the announced one. And nobody
could use by accident a not security-fixed Qt version.

Peter