[Development] Setting the priority of bug reports created the Qt Support team

Vladimir Minenko vminenko at rim.com
Fri Feb 22 13:15:14 CET 2013

On 19.02.13 18:25, "Frederik Gladhorn" <frederik.gladhorn at digia.com> wrote:
>See also my mail from two weeks ago ([Development] issue tracker rights).
>
>I think we need to make a few more adjustments and really need more
>people
>with bug triaging rights.

Actually, there is a good reminder, since there were others concerns with
the way how bugs are currently triaged. Peter was commenting about labels,
for example.

I would like to bring up another aspect. We (Qt in BlackBerry) are
strongly considering to move known Qt issues from an internal tracker into
https://bugreports.qt-project.org/ and later on, redirect Qt related
issues reported by BackBerry developers into BlackBerry
https://bugreports.qt-project.org/ as well.

Our motivation for this is very simple: keep Qt bugs going to one place
and avoid fragmentation.

Handling a few BlackBerry related issues which were already posted on
https://bugreports.qt-project.org/, I started doubting if we can really
use https://bugreports.qt-project.org/ for operations. The major problem
is that the only what a normal user do is commenting on bugs. I know this
topic is not directly related to the actual posting by Andy. I just wanted
to raise my hand and underline that there are more triage related problems
with https://bugreports.qt-project.org/

--
Vladimir Minenko

Technical Manager, Qt