[Development] Compiling with GCC 4.8

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Mon Feb 25 08:13:25 CET 2013

On sábado, 23 de fevereiro de 2013 23.19.33, David Narvaez wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 23, 2013 at 12:29 PM, Thiago Macieira
>
> <thiago.macieira at intel.com> wrote:
> > I haven't seen any patches fixing warnings or compilation errors come in
> > for 4.8. Usually, there are a few warnings that need fixing but until my
> > -Werror patches land, those are not stoppers.
> >
> > Usually, there are no compilation errors. No one has reported anything.
>
> Well, I think I got scared with the amount of errors I got from my
> first try but apparently it is all solved with a rather simple patch I
> have put on codereview. I added you as a reviewer, if anybody else is
> interested just let me know.

Thanks, I approved it. The change makes sense.

I've just tried GCC 4.8 (SVN 196167) compiled locally and it produced a good
number of warnings like:

qdbusargument.cpp:1138:30: error: ‘d’ may be used uninitialized in this
function [-Werror=maybe-uninitialized]

It looks like it inlined the operator>>(int&) call and realised that there's a
codepath where the variable isn't initialised.

But unfortunately, it crashed:
io/qsettings.cpp:466:9: internal compiler error: Segmentation fault
 QString QSettingsPrivate::variantToString(const QVariant &v)
         ^
0x5a140c crash_signal
     ../../gcc/toplev.c:334
[...]