[Development] Qt 5 for Android developer mailing list

Paul Olav Tvete paul.tvete at digia.com
Tue Jan 8 17:37:21 CET 2013

On Tuesday 8 January 2013 15:49:32 Laszlo Papp wrote:

> I personally expected that you need this list for something permanent that
> is out of the scope for the existing mailing lists, like development@, qt-
> components@, and so forth. I still did not get any examples what development
> cannot happen in public with other platform developers...

I'll try once more: We have identified the need for a dedicated channel of
communication for a new project with a rather tight deadline. We would like
that channel to be publicly visible so that that others can follow what we do.

The primary purpose is to facilitate the project. Keeping others informed and
getting input from people not participating is a secondary objective. We need
somewhere to talk anyway. The question we are asking here is whether you want
us to talk in private, or whether we should talk on a mailing list on qt-
project where everyone can listen in.

The Qt 5 for Android project would be fine either way, but personally I think
it would be a loss for the community if we used a private channel.

- Paul