[Development] Qt 5 for Android developer mailing list

Laszlo Papp lpapp at kde.org
Wed Jan 9 21:12:42 CET 2013

On Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 5:37 PM, Paul Olav Tvete <paul.tvete at digia.com>wrote:

> I'll try once more: We have identified the need for a dedicated channel of
> communication for a new project with a rather tight deadline. We would like
> that channel to be publicly visible so that that others can follow what we
> do.

To be honest I am reluctant to this mentality of not caring about others
like me who do not wish to subscribe to many mailing lists.

Do I care about mobile platforms? Yes.
Do I wish to maintain many bubbles separately? No.

I do not even try to figure out why you would need to read all the emails
on the development@ mailing list, and not just the Android subjects,
especially if it is expected in a short time frame. I would even find that
suboptimal, but that is why I wrote the 4) alternative which is a
compromissum for both parties... What is wrong about that? Do you really
*have* to be totally separate from the rest which will end up even in a
closed list?

Laszlo