[Development] qtwayland on i.mx6

Thomas Senyk thomas.senyk at pelagicore.com
Wed Jan 9 11:43:58 CET 2013

On Tue, January 08, 2013 21:23:54 Keller Alexander-B42067 wrote:
> I reverted back to the pervious version of qt5, but I still get this error.
>
> Qt-Compositor configured with openGL integration: wayland_egl
> Project ERROR: Package egl not found

Their is a general assumption in all qtwayland that if pkgconfig is available,
then their are also .pc files for everything (e.g. wayland_egl, egl, ...)

Me personally, I've never seen a embedded GPU-driver delivering egl.pc.
Their are even Qt/qmake variables to encounter for that.

Not sure how the case for wayland-egl is (not played with it on embedded yet),
but all the PKGCONFIG += ... egl ... within qtwayland look wrong to me.

Shouldn't config.test figure out what to do? ...
 -> wayland_egl_pkgconfig tests if wayland-egl.pc is present.
 If not -> wayland_egl_direct tests if -lwayland-egl works
Based on those tests their is a .qmake.cache or something like that which sets
all variables so no additional "PKGCONFIG += ..." or "-l..." are needed within
.pro or .pri files.

Just me 5 cents!... It could be that I haven't taken a close enough look and
that I'm inherently wrong ;)

Greets
Thomas