[Development] Playground: Crypto module

Ruslan Nigmatullin euroelessar at yandex.ru
Thu Jan 10 21:48:36 CET 2013

Qt misses some core features connected with TLS/hashing:
1. it's impossible to create "unencrypted" connection to server and initialize TLS encyption sometime afterwards (common usecase: connection to jabber server).
2. HMAC is unsupported, so it's usually impossible to use OAuth with hmac-authorization (like "hmac(sha256)")

That's why Qt supports nothing from my needs.

Another one issue - Qt is sometimes shipped to some platforms with statically-linked OpenSSL, which makes nearly-to-impossible to use external libraries with OpenSSL as dependancy.

--
Ruslan Nigmatullin