[Development] How and when recent 4.8 docs will be published on http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-4.8

Vladimir Minenko vminenko at rim.com
Thu Jan 17 14:37:47 CET 2013

Hi folks,

it looks like the docs published on http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-4.8 are
far behind the actual 4.8 status.

For example this change

https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,40308

is not yet reflected in

http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-4.8/qsettings.html

We are now working to publish more details and update the current pages
(see my signature) about Qt on BlackBerry 10. One choice is certainly to
copy the docs we need into our site, but this is by far not the best
choice, since it will fragment docs. This was the case for the docs in
Cascades, and I would like to find a better way to Qt as while in the
native SDK of BlackBerry 10, e.g. using links.  I cannot use links to
http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-4.8 since the content is outdated.

I know there were several difficulties in the past in the docs domain,
but we need this to start getting better, for 4.8 too.

Any comments? Do I miss something?

--
Vladimir Minenko
Technical Manager, Qt