[Development] How and when recent 4.8 docs will be published on http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-4.8

Pasion Jerome Jerome.Pasion at digia.com
Thu Jan 17 15:05:04 CET 2013

Hello Vladimir,

Good timing, we are drafting ideas on our documentation snapshots.

>From my investigation, the commit (BlackBerry: Changed QSettings file access) is in the qt/qt repository, but not in the qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.4.tar.gz release download. (I checked qsettings.cpp for the doc changes)

But in a nutshell, here is how we publish the documentation during the releases:
-I get notified of the released package (I download the sources in the tar.gz file) and I generate the documentation
-The qt-project.org admin receives the generated documentation and publishes it in qt-project.org/doc
So if the changes are not in the packages, then they won't be published as part of the release.

For the documentation snapshots (http://doc-snapshot.qt-project.org/), we have the documentation built from Codereview frequently during the day and upload the documentation to the snapshot site.
The change to qsettings.cpp is visible: http://doc-snapshot.qt-project.org/4.8/qsettings.html

I don't know the 4.8.4 release intimately, though.

Cheers,
Jerome P.
Documentation Engineer - Digia, Qt