[Development] How and when recent 4.8 docs will be published on http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-4.8

Shaw Andy Andy.Shaw at digia.com
Thu Jan 17 18:39:39 CET 2013

> On 17/01/13 14:51, Giuseppe D'Angelo wrote:
> > http://doc-snapshot.qt-project.org/4.8/qsettings.html is instead
> > recreated nightly or so, so you'll see the note added in that commit.
>
> Aha! Ok... How should one know that the docs on
> http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-4.8/ are from 4.8.4? In the older days the
> html templates used to have a footer with the release number. This
> footer war not retained when the new style was applied.
>
> Should I file a bug for this to keep this on the radar?
>
> Btw, Google seems to not like http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-4.8/
>
> The first hit in search for QSettings returns this page:
>
> http://doc.qt.digia.com/qt/qsettings.html

This is likely because this is what was transferred from Nokia and therefore it is actually a copy of what Nokia had and that is where it is redirected to now.

> The URL http://doc-snapshot.qt-project.org/4.8/qsettings.html is not
> even on the top 100. I think there is something wrong that web pages.

Part of the reason is because nothing links those pages, I don't know if they are indexed or not but they are changing all the time which might make it hard but personally I would prefer the release docs to be first rather than the snapshot ones.

Andy