[Development] QtMultimedia BIC / header cleanliness issue

Martin Sandsmark martin.sandsmark at kde.org
Wed Jan 23 15:52:01 CET 2013

On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 02:44:07PM +0000, Koehne Kai wrote:
> It makes the file name out of line with the other .so file names. There's a
> good chance that this will break some deployment scripts which do just cpy
> "lib*.5.so"

Then those scripts are really broken, and we should discover it before we
need to bump the so version of a (widely) used library.

> ... Question the other way round: What do we gain from bumping the version,
> except for the feeling that we've 'done the right thing"? I understood that
> the chances anyone really running into this bc are miniscule.

We find the broken deployment scripts, and we make sure that noone
accidentally runs into this bc, which is the whole point of bumping the
so-version in the first place...

--
Martin Sandsmark