[Development] Proposal - QtSerialPort graduation from the Playground

shane.kearns at accenture.com shane.kearns at accenture.com
Wed Jan 23 19:57:31 CET 2013

>  > Where is the read only cts property with a ctsChanged signal to
> monitor the input pin?
>
> Nowhere. Again, there is a impossible have a cross-platform
> capabilities to notify about change of CTS pins.
> In principle, this feature is available only for Windows, but POSIX
> does not provide this.

That is annoying :(

> To obtain the status line uses the lines() method, where you can get
> CTS status.

If only polling can be supported cross platform then that will be ok.

>  > OK, but it would be immediately clear to anyone who previously
> worked with serial ports what the API does.
>
> Ok, in principle, we can think about renamed from Rate to baudRate, it
> is can possible.

OK.

By the way, I agree with your decision to make it a QIODevice.
The rest of the API looks reasonable to me.

This message is for the designated recipient only and may contain privileged, proprietary, or otherwise private information. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original. Any other use of the e-mail by you is prohibited.

Where allowed by local law, electronic communications with Accenture and its affiliates, including e-mail and instant messaging (including content), may be scanned by our systems for the purposes of information security and assessment of internal compliance with Accenture policy.