[Development] Nominating Iikka Eklund as approver

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Thu Jan 24 22:24:16 CET 2013

On quinta-feira, 24 de janeiro de 2013 12.17.20, Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
> > Parts of the packaging process is in gerrit (namely qtsdk/qtsdk.git),
> >
> > so he should be really  be able to stage things
> >

> uh, wtf?! nothing against iikka specifically (couldn't judge it), but
> this is so totally not a reason to make someone an approver. in areas

Even taking in consideration what the other replies have said, I still
disagree with Ossi's original comment.

Take again my replies to Uli Schlachter's approver proposal: we have to make
an exception when a specific skill is required in the project. Iikka's bringing
a specific skill that we need, in addition to his current contributions.

This of course requires that the newly-minted approver stays on, helping us
with that particular skill.