[Development] Nominating Iikka Eklund as approver

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Fri Jan 25 17:16:37 CET 2013

On sexta-feira, 25 de janeiro de 2013 14.10.56, Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
> of course it is. but it is not the only skill. a contribution may be
> technically as correct as it gets, but if the contributor lives in his
> tiny world without ever having looked outside, there is a good chance he
> will miss some of the more subtle aspects of doing a proper review.

You're completely right on that one.

But I think that the approvers nominating and seconding use their grey matter
to decide whether the new proposed approver would do a correct review.

Besides, I don't think there's anything wrong in giving approver rights for
someone who has no clue about most of Qt. I can't claim that myself! I know
QtCore, QtNetwork and QtDBus. I will refrain from approving elsewhere. Why
can't new approvers do the same?