[Development] Missing documentation makes QML ListView unusable

Rainer Keller rainer.keller at digia.com
Tue Jan 29 08:56:52 CET 2013

Hi,

> Having
> a MouseArea "by default" would most likely lead to it being disabled
> in the majority of cases, on all platforms except desktop.
I agree. But this doesn't this affect mobile touch devices too?

> This is a different problem (probably easiest solved with a link to
> the examples, like Laszlo suggested).
That sounds strange.

> Because there's a lot of value
> in running and playing with the examples, there are a lot of simple
> examples in the examples directory for QtQuick which would probably be
> better classified as snippets and integrated better in the
> documentation. But doing that makes them a lot harder to run right
> now, so they're left in the examples directory.
If I submit a code snippet only for the documentation together with some text
will this be an acceptable way to go?

> Practical upshot being
> that to be introduced to most of the QtQuick items you'll need to flip
> through the examples directory, which shouldn't be too hard even
> though it might be a different workflow for some.
In my opinion the documentation should to complete enough to use it for
development without the need for further sources.