[Development] abandoning stale changes on gerrit

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Tue Jan 29 16:55:51 CET 2013

On terça-feira, 29 de janeiro de 2013 16.21.17, Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
> > Can you elaborate a bit on what practical issue this would solve?
> > (beyond "there are many changes in gerrit").
>
> apart from the above, it also skews the metrics (in case somebody ever
> decides to use the number of open changes for something).

The problem is that these changes accumulate and make it very difficult to
manage one's dashboard. Take a look at the reviews I'm subscribed to:
	https://codereview.qt-project.org/#dashboard,1000329

I really have no clue anymore what is active and what isn't. So I simply
review everything that is bold when I have the time and then forget about it.
That means I might be missing comments I need because the list is too long.

The only changes I'll add a comment on are João's submit-and-run. Anything
else that hasn't had activity in months can be abandoned -- especially stuff
that has "master" as the target branch. Also note that the mere act of
abandoning those changes might get the contributor to come back and update the
change.