[Development] abandoning stale changes on gerrit

Jedrzej Nowacki jedrzej.nowacki at digia.com
Wed Jan 30 08:58:32 CET 2013

On Tuesday 29. January 2013 13.05.52 Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
> moin *,
>
> 5.0 is out and the 5.1 feature freeze isn't that far off any more.
> seems like the best time for some serious house cleaning.
> therefore i'd like to urge everyone to give their pending changes which
> haven't seen activity for a long time a honest look.
> please explicitly mark the ones you still want to work on by adding a
> comment. everything which has no indication of (planned) activity in a
> few weeks will be abandoned by administrative action.
> if you are an ex-troll/-nokian, please also check the dashboard of your
> alter ego.
> if you are a maintainer, give identified drive-by contributors a ping.
> i'd also like to encourage everyone to adopt orphaned changes they have
> an interest in.
>
> regards

Please don't do it. My dashboard contains patches, that I'm interested in. It
is a kind of knowledge storage, with already signed CLA. I understand that a
big dashboard is not nice to maintain, but forcing everyone to clean it up is
not the way to go.

Answer is: use filters.

https://codereview.qt-project.org/#q,reviewer:+oswald+-age:+2d+status:open,n,z

for more you can look here: