[Development] Qml/Quick Designe Decision Wiki or how to avoid generating work for other stakeholders

Sletta Gunnar Gunnar.Sletta at digia.com
Tue Jul 2 09:46:16 CEST 2013

The ApplicationWindow encapsulates a completely different concept compared to normal items and trying to treat them as the same in the design tool makes very little sense.

The ApplicationWindow floats stand alone in the windowing system, it may have menu bar, status bar and toolbar, all of which require dedicated support from the designer to be designable. And the code generated does not go into a QQuickView, but needs to be created as via QQmlComponent::create() as it creates the window itself.

If we want that and if there is time and resources to do it is a different topic. I think we can live without it, at least for while.

cheers,
Gunnar